Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

cheaper alternative to Ella's pouches?

(7 Posts)
rodformyownback Tue 19-Jul-11 22:22:02

We are going camping for a fortnight in August. Today I gave ds2 an Ella's beef stew pouch, he sucked it out of the pouch and loved it! I realised this would be a hygienic and convenient way to feed him while we are away (he does eat lots of finger food but not always enough to be satisfied, depending on what the family is eating), but they are so expensive.

Do you know of any cheaper alternatives (not just fruit purees) or anywhere that has Ella's on offer at the moment?

Thanks smile

IvyAndGold Tue 19-Jul-11 22:32:54

Oh I loved Ella's pouches when DD was little, they are SO handy! smile Never found a cheaper alternative though! But there were a few different supermarkets by us and there always seemed to be one with an offer on them. I think Hipp Organic may do them now too, but I've no idea of the price, sorry!

naturalbaby Tue 19-Jul-11 22:37:22

sainsburys do own brand pouches, not massively cheaper but a bit. do a search on mysupermarket.com for offers. sainsburys had some good offers when i went yesterday but think it was mainly the hipp plastic pots.

rodformyownback Tue 19-Jul-11 22:37:24

Thanks Ivy. DH has just told me he saw some in the pound shop once. If they have stage 2 ones that would be cheaper than the supermarket!

IvyAndGold Tue 19-Jul-11 22:46:01

I've never used amazon's grocery section before, but you can get multiple packs for less than they would be individually here

rodformyownback Wed 20-Jul-11 07:44:58

Thanks natural, will check mysupermarket. Might see about subscribing to Amazon then cancelling it!

bacon Thu 21-Jul-11 12:41:58

Yes we loved the pouches too, only used them on the odd occassion. Fab!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now