Talk

Advanced search

Tell me what to make with this please

(5 Posts)
ipredicttrouble Tue 19-Jul-11 21:23:10

We're currently trying to get DD1 (12 months) to eat more of our home-cooked food rather than jars/pouches etc.

We had some success this evening with spaghetti bolognese & I'm now feeling more motivated. The thing that I struggle with is adapting our recipes so that they are more suitable for DD e.g. no/less salt/alcohol etc.

She likes a lot of food seperately IYKWIM but isn't great at eating much of complete savoury meals.

So tomorrow, I want to attempt some kind of cheesy pasta bake type thing for us all (yes I know some people frown on pasta bakes but I don't care smile). I have chicken, broccoli, cauliflower, peas, carrots, onions, mushrooms, peppers, pasta & ingredients for a cheese sauce + other store cupboard stuff.

Can someone suggest a simple recipe? I'm having a bit of blank as also have a 2wk old DD!

Help! Determined to get DD1 trying more stuff.

Xiaoxiong Wed 20-Jul-11 10:08:12

There are loads of recipes online for broccoli chicken pasta bakes, but my initial instinct would be to use your favourite macaroni cheese recipe and swap out half the weight of pasta for the broccoli and chicken.
(if you don't have one, there are quite a number on the bbc food website, and this one is very good, though you will have to do a couple of imperial to metric conversions: www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Macaroni-and-Cheese-239270)

Could try pasta with bacon, mushrooms and peas...and then maybe peppers stir-fried with some mince, since you've had some spag bol success?

ipredicttrouble Wed 20-Jul-11 13:13:52

Thank you for that. I was thinking about a macoroni cheese type of effect. Fingers crossed she eats some of this tonight!

callaird Wed 20-Jul-11 14:11:22

You DD can have alcohol if it is cooked, the alcohol burns off so you just get the taste. My two LOVE beef in guiness!

ipredicttrouble Wed 20-Jul-11 19:56:31

Thought as much callaird. Weaning is so bloody frustrating!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now