Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Banana bread and rice flour

(4 Posts)
piprabbit Mon 18-Jul-11 17:28:35

My family seem to have fallen for Annabel Karmel's Best ever banana bread.

I'd like to make it using rice flour - does anyone know if I can just replace the plain flour in the recipe for an equivalent amount of rice flour. Or is it more complicated than that?

TIA

muslimah28 Mon 18-Jul-11 21:41:17

Is it because you want it gluten free? I once made banana bread with doves farm gluten free plain flour which is a blend of flours and it came out ok. I used a recipe I normally use with normal flour. Th recipe was from mydish, it's called 'best ever banana bread' I think. Though now I use the hummingbird recipe but I haven't tried that GF yet.

piprabbit Mon 18-Jul-11 22:07:46

Sort of... my DSis is coeliac so I try out recipes occassionally - and she has given me some lovely gluten free recipes. This means that I have rice flour in my store cupboard, and I got to wondering if I could make more use of it (and bake the banana bread for Dsis too).

Thanks for pointing me to the mydish recipe - I'll look at quantities and see if I can work out how to apply it to the AK version grin.

mumtoted Mon 18-Jul-11 22:16:26

I make banana bread using Dove's farm gluten free flour too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now