Talk

Advanced search

spicy dinner with salmon?

(5 Posts)
AuntieMaggie Mon 18-Jul-11 16:35:38

I've got salmon for dinner - am home alone and fancy it with some spicy noodly thing perhaps almost a soup - any ideas? I have some things in the cupboard.

Wormshuffler Mon 18-Jul-11 16:39:41

Not soup but I make a delicious tomato and chilli sauce to have with salmon, and cous cous/pasta and roasted veg. Just a basic onion, fresh chilli, frsh basil, garlic and tinned tomato mash up with a spalsh of worcester sauce and whatever else I have laying around! I have just talked myself into having that for tea now!!

CurlyhairedAssassin Mon 18-Jul-11 16:41:47

Jamie Oliver has a lovely tasty recipe for Asian salmon, will try to dig it out.

CurlyhairedAssassin Mon 18-Jul-11 16:55:42

For Asian salmon dressing you grate up a thumb sized piece of ginger, half a clove of garlic, half a fresh red chilli then chop up a spring onion. Mix all that into the liquid which is 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and the juice of a lemon. That should make enough dressing for 2.

I usually just drizzle mine over steamed salmon fillet cos i like to have mine with chips cos they soak up all the dressing. blush. But dh has noodles with his, just mixed with a bit of sesame oil and soy sauce, puts his salmon on top then drizzles his dressing over the whole lot.

It's VERY tasty as you can imagine withnthe raw garlic etc so I wouldn't advise getting close to anyone for a few hours afterwards, not the meal to give you the best smelling breath!

CurlyhairedAssassin Mon 18-Jul-11 16:57:00

Sorry that should have been the juice of HALF a lemon"!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now