Talk

Advanced search

Cauliflower

(14 Posts)
babyocho Sun 17-Jul-11 21:55:49

Apart from cauliflower cheese and in a curry, what's good and exciting. My mum has turned up with one from her allotment.

IslaValargeone Sun 17-Jul-11 22:01:53

I don't know that I would pair the words cauliflower and exciting, however, cauliflower in a spicy tempura or parmesan batter is pretty yummy.

Scootergrrrl Sun 17-Jul-11 22:03:32

Sprinkle it with cumin and roast it in a scorching hot oven. So delicious!

BecauseImWorthIt Sun 17-Jul-11 22:06:06

I was just going to post that, Scootergrrl! It's lovely done like that (with lots of olive oil on it)

monkey9237 Sun 17-Jul-11 22:06:46

Soup??? My friend once stopped eating potatoes for a few months to lose weight and made cauliflower mash instead.

DoubleNegativePanda Sun 17-Jul-11 22:07:13

Separate into smallish pieces, steam until just barely tender. Toss heavily in grated Parmesan and sauté until crisp. Serve over linguini with olive oil and more Parm.

Just saw Giada DeLaurentis do it the other day on Everyday Italian and it looked amazing. She did it with equal parts cauliflower and broccoli.

I also opened this ready to post the roasted idea but Scooter beat me to it! It's gorgeous but you do need a lot of oil or it gets dry and burns before it's done.

Gordon Ramsey has a tandoori cauli recipe, iirc.

DoubleNegativePanda Sun 17-Jul-11 22:08:26

Grate it raw and add it at the end of a stir-fry. It's delicious and you won't need rice.

veryworried29 Sun 17-Jul-11 22:08:43

Cauliflower soup is absolutely gorgeous.

Selks Sun 17-Jul-11 22:09:43

It makes a good curry such as this one

DoubleNegativePanda Sun 17-Jul-11 22:09:56

Actually my favorite way to eat it is raw with ranch dip. <drool>

iloverhubarb Sun 17-Jul-11 22:18:35

Mustard! Cut into fairly large florets, steam v lightly - keep them crunchy. Then dressing including loads of mustard, pour over while cauli still warm. Delish hot or cold. Originally from lovely cranks recipe book

Annunziata Sun 17-Jul-11 22:20:32

Anchovies, onion, cheese, and the littlest drop of salt and pepper and either chilli or sultanas, all in olive oil, with rice. Yummy.

catanddog Sun 17-Jul-11 22:27:09

Mash......delicious! Make this instead of "real" mash with bangers. Just boil it up until really tender then mash with butter, big dollop of mayo and lots of pepper...... Sounds odd, but it's amazing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now