Talk

Advanced search

Wobbly Cheesecake! HELP!!

(13 Posts)
Stase Sun 17-Jul-11 11:38:58

I made a white chocolate cheesecake this morning from this recipe. First of all, it has no sugar in it, and when I tasted the final mix, felt it needed some, so added 2 tablespoons, but it's had an hour and a half in the oven, and it's STILL very wobbly under the surface, not to mention has leaked through 2 layers of foil onto the bottom of my oven (loose-bottomed cake tin...)

Fill it firm up at room temperature in the next couple of hours, or is it just a bad recipe and a waste of expensive ingredients?

TIA

Stase Sun 17-Jul-11 11:39:42

I mean will it firm up?

NettoSuperstar Sun 17-Jul-11 11:42:27

Hmmm, I've not tried that recipe so I don't know, but I do another white chocolate cheesecake that is also too wobbly and also horribly cheesy on the day it's made, but absolutely fabulous the next day.

bigTillyMint Sun 17-Jul-11 11:44:26

The recipe says leave to rest for several hours to firm up. so hopefully it willsmile Leave it in the tin and be patient! Put it in the fridge too?

Stase Sun 17-Jul-11 11:44:57

Thanks Netto. Reckon it'll be fine tomorrow then? No hope for Sunday lunch dessert at 3ish? sad

Stase Sun 17-Jul-11 11:46:33

Good plan, when it's cool enough will stick it in the fridge. We had a really ropey cheesecake in a cafe yesterday, and I smugly told DS1 that we'd make a proper one in the morning. That'll learn me...

NettoSuperstar Sun 17-Jul-11 11:51:16

this is the recipe I use.
I actually cried the first time I made it, as it didn't taste good at all and was all floppy and had been expensive to make.
I left it overnight as I couldn't bare to chuck it out, and tasted again the next day and it was transformed into something amazing.
I always make it the day before now.

Stase Sun 17-Jul-11 11:56:05

Looks lovely, do you find the tops browns a lot with the white chocolate in there? This is my second attempt at a white chocolate cheesecake and it always seem to brown more than a plain vanilla one. Also, no sugar in the Ben Donoghue recipe can't be right can it? Blinkin celebrity chefs, should have asked Deli or Nigella. grin

NettoSuperstar Sun 17-Jul-11 11:58:18

Yes it does, so I cover it. I prefer it to be pale.
I particularly love the shortbread base, in fact I make my own shortbread to crush up for it now <ponce>grin

Stase Sun 17-Jul-11 12:02:14

That's dedication! Whenever I make cheesecake, I always end up doubling the quantities for the base - it never seems thick enough to me.

Have made space for it in the fridge, will see what happens! Can't lose face with the kids!

NettoSuperstar Mon 18-Jul-11 14:09:34

How did it go?

bigTillyMint Mon 18-Jul-11 15:24:10

Am now fantasising about cheesecake sad!

Stase Tue 19-Jul-11 20:52:03

Well, it was a bit soft in the middle, but the bits that were set were a perfect texture, like posset (lemon dessert, not baby sick). And by the next day it was all fully set. He was right about the sugar as well. It didn't need any for my taste. Had it with strawbs and raspbs from the PYO farm.

That'll teach me to have so little faith!

Cheers all
smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now