Talk

Advanced search

What to do with pork

(6 Posts)
MrsPotionsMistress Fri 15-Jul-11 13:10:19

I'm not a massive fan of pork, but I find myself with 4 pork chops and some pork belly in my freezer, and not a clue what to do with it all.

Preferably something easy, I'm too pregnant and uncomfortable to stand in my kitchen for a long time.

Thanks

CogitoErgoSometimes Fri 15-Jul-11 14:22:10

My favourite is a kind of bake. Fry off the chops so that they are a little brown and reserve. In the same pan fry some sliced big onions in the juices. Then place a layer of sliced, peeled Bramleys in a dish, top with the softened onions, then the browned chops...add a little stock, seasoning, grainy mustard, herbs of choice. Cover in foil and bake in a medium oven for about 40 minutes until the chops are tender and the apple/onion/stock has melted into a nice rich sauce. Take off the foil for the last 5 mins to let everything brown up a little.

4merlyknownasSHD Fri 15-Jul-11 14:32:09

Is the Pork Belly a whole piece or slices? If it is a whole piece, you can slow roast it; it goes all unctuous and gorgeous. If it is in slices, BBQ it! It is one of our favourites.

MrsChemist Fri 15-Jul-11 18:39:12

It's slices, so no roasting sad

1973magpie Fri 15-Jul-11 19:37:25

You can get a Chinese style 5 spice coating in a packet, I just coat belly slices in this and roast for about 45 minutes.

At the same time roast chunks of peppers/courgettes/red onions/carrots/parsnips/sweet potatoes/new potatoes (whatever you've got really) in a litlle olive oil and sprinkle with herbs.

Very tasty and only a bit of preparation to do before you bung it in the oven! smile

scaryfairy28 Sat 16-Jul-11 07:22:49

Grill chops and when nearly done top with a tomato chutney, sauce type thing and grated cheese. Amazing!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now