Talk

Advanced search

how would you adapt this dish?

(4 Posts)
eveningprimrose Thu 14-Jul-11 18:49:36

I want to make this www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4251/chicken-cacciatore for evening meal tomorrow - but dh and I eat much later than the kids.
Would you advise trying to keep aside some of the sauce then pouring it over and baking our chicken pieces when he gets home
OR just making it all together and reheating our portion?
there is no question of making it fresh when he comes home - even though it looks quite simple I will be too tired.

Aplogies for double posting of this in "recipies" - I meant to post in this section originally as I think it gets more traffic.

Kaelle Fri 15-Jul-11 10:23:01

Have done it both ways. As long as u don't overcook the first batch, it reheats just fine. Make sure there's wine ( I use White even tho it's a tomato sauce) in the sauce so u keep vibrant veg colours. Other way is to make extra sauce and roast the two chicken pieces for u and DH. 20 mm in oven -olive oil, s&p, no work! Good luck!

eveningprimrose Fri 15-Jul-11 10:26:40

Oh thanks - so you put wine in it even although the recipe doesn't call for wine?

Kaelle Fri 15-Jul-11 12:43:57

My recipe does...in any case a good glass of wine into any casserole can only be a good thing? Right? Add it as the last ingredient before the chicken goes back in after it's been browned and veg sautéed, tomatoes added and any spices/herbs, then wine. Does that ring a bell w your recipe?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now