Talk

Advanced search

Marks and Spencer 'Terribly Clever Mousse Base'

(6 Posts)
LordOfTheFlies Thu 14-Jul-11 14:20:21

Anyone else tried these?

I whipped up the butterscotch one( Stir into just under 300ml of double cream). It's a bit like a grown up Butterscotch Angel Delight but not as sweet.
Will try the lemon one when I've got visitors, maybe to top a trifle.

Any ideas on how to use?
DH and DCs won't eat it and I know the cream has an 'eat me by' date.

CantSleepWontSleep Thu 14-Jul-11 14:22:06

Never heard of them. Can you tell me whether there's dairy in the ingredients, or only in the cream that you stir it in to? (am dairy free but could find a sub for the cream if they are otherwise ok)

LordOfTheFlies Thu 14-Jul-11 18:47:18

I can tell you Can'tSleepWon'tSleep that the lemon one contains Free Range eggs and butter.
I don't know about the Butterscotch because I've washed off the label ready to recycle ( halo emoticon)

Theres also a chocolate one but I didn't buy that.

Jars are 195g. IIRC they were by grocery sauces and biscuity things.

Not much help!

CantSleepWontSleep Fri 15-Jul-11 12:17:43

Ah thanks. I expect if one contains butter then they all do. Drat!

whimsicalname Fri 15-Jul-11 12:23:42

you could try freezing it in lolly moulds? Might make good lollies!

notso Fri 15-Jul-11 12:28:54

I did the strawberry one for dh and dc with the m&s meringues and some fresh strawberries, I also filled a sponge for the school fair with the rest. It went down well.
I also did the chocolate one but it wasn't very chocolatey, DC liked but DH thought it was just sweet.
I got them when they were half price, they are ok as a stand by but really you could make your own very easily anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now