Talk

Advanced search

New slowcooker. What else can I cook?

(5 Posts)
ComradeJing Wed 13-Jul-11 16:39:09

Just made the Paprika goulash from AWT's Slow Cooking. LOVED it. The kids wolfed it down too. It's my first every try in the a slow cooker and the first stew I have ever made that was actually delicious.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for recipes? Any favourites from the Slow Cooking booking?

Also should I always be halving the liquid added? I'm a bit confused. The goulash was thin so I had to whisk in some butter and flour to thicken it. Should I have started off with less liquid?

valiumredhead Wed 13-Jul-11 16:55:30

I never add liquid as it makes its own while it's cooking. If I need to dissolve a stock cube i do it in an inch of boiling water in a mug.

I do whole gammon, whole chicken, chicken thighs, lemon chicken, rice pudding, sausage casserole, beef casserole, chicken casserole.

I never bother browning meat first but while I am preparing the food I pour boiling water into the SC to heat it up quickly, then pour away once I am ready to add the food. Another trick my mum told me recently is to put a folded up tea towel over the lid to speed things up if you are starving and wanting your dinner quick! grin

valiumredhead Wed 13-Jul-11 16:55:57

I do bolognaise too!

Wormshuffler Wed 13-Jul-11 16:59:31

We did Beef stifado which is a greek dish, found the recipe on google, it was amazing.

clarabella18 Wed 13-Jul-11 22:54:39

Chilli either with steak or mince. stews, sausage casserole. Also really good for doing Indian curries. Make a mean lamb and lentil curry in minegrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now