Talk

Advanced search

what can I make with leftover sausages & bacon?

(6 Posts)
farkly Tue 12-Jul-11 12:40:46

basically there's not enough of either to make a meal and both need eating so need to use them together...

any ideas? I have usual cupboard stuff, pasta, cheese, creme fraiche, rice, tinned tomatoes, potatoes, carrots

thanks

JenniL1977 Tue 12-Jul-11 12:47:15

A light sausage casserole? - fry off or grill your sausages until they're coloured and put to one side; fry off some onions with your bacon and some garlic, add a chopped red pepper when they're soft; add a teaspoon of plain flour and stir in with some rosemary and hot smoked paprika (be careful, it's HOT!), or half a red deseeded chilli, a tin of tomatoes and a dash of red wine or some chicken stock; season, add your sausages back in and leave to cook for about 30 mins. Serve with some crusty bread or maybe saute potatoes and green veg.

I'm a very 'throw it in the pan and see what it tastes like' cook, so you might want to adjust some of these ingredients/amunts and keep tasting it to adjust seasoning.

farkly Tue 12-Jul-11 12:55:31

jenni that's exactly the sort of thing I wanted, thank you. Don't have all the ingredients so will play around a bit with it. I can even make that this afternoon so that it's ready for tonight - perfect

JenniL1977 Tue 12-Jul-11 12:59:07

Ah, you're welcome smile glad to be of service.
Have no idea what I'm making tonight though...!

Shoutymomma Sat 13-Aug-11 20:12:21

We add diced potatoes and sweetcorn and call it Cowboy Hotpot. Yum.

Shoutymomma Sat 13-Aug-11 20:18:41

PS Use sweet smoked paprika if giving it to kids.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now