Talk

Advanced search

Any good QUICK/EASY recipes for newly veggie 12 yr old dd1?

(6 Posts)
DrGruntFotter Sat 09-Jul-11 13:20:24

Message withdrawn

lilolilmanchester Sun 10-Jul-11 00:12:34

no vegetarians in our family, but we all love vegetarian lasagne and don't miss the meat in that dish. Maybe worth trying it for all of you so you can all eat the same thing every now and then?

Perhaps your DD could help with meal ideas e.g. looking at vegetarian sections of your cookery books/doing internet search (try BBC Good Food site)... maybe a good project for the summer? The ideal would be to come up with things which could be adapted for DD and the non-vegetarians in your family

My dds like:

falafel;
veggie fajitas made with peppers, onions, quorn and sweetcorn;
wraps stuffed with a mixture of spiced butternut squash, onions, chickpeas and spinach;
veggie curries in various combinations;
lentil chilli;
risotto;
qaesadillas;
stuffed peppers (they prefer rice but cous cous is quicker);
sausage casserole made with Sainsbo's veggie hotdog sausages.

ppeatfruit Sun 10-Jul-11 08:14:05

For all of you it's a good idea to have a cooking day and make a lot of whole rice and then freeze it, you can do the same with veg. casseroles and quinoa (which is easy and very nutritious).

My veggie GD and I love marinated tofu (in tamari, a little lemon juice and chopped garlic) which is gently fried and served with quinoa hot or cold; as a salad with chopped avocado, spring onions, and a lovely olive oil,or walnut oil and lemon juice dressing.

DrGruntFotter Sun 10-Jul-11 19:01:40

Message withdrawn

ppeatfruit Mon 11-Jul-11 13:51:15

I forgot to say if you're thinking of loosing weight come and join the Paul Mckenna thread on the weight loss club. It is the ultimate plan 'cos it re educates yr attitude to food without rubbish diet foods or cal. counting and you can eat what you want! we're friendly and supportive smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now