Talk

Advanced search

muffin virgin - can anyone help?

(5 Posts)
fustyarse Tue 05-Jul-11 13:19:41

So, I've decided to make 'healthy' muffins with the DCs as a summer holiday activity

(may live to regret this choice)

I have all my ingredients, but don't have paper cases. I have a muffin/cupcake tray, so do I actually need the paper cases? Would I get away with just greasing the tray?

Should I order the funky silicon cases I just spotted Amazon?

Sorry to ask such a daft question. I do a lot of cooking but have never baked anything, apart from with my breadmaker blush

GrimmaTheNome Tue 05-Jul-11 13:28:10

I reckon cases are a good idea, but if your tin has good nonstick I'd give it a go without. Or if you've got any greasproof paper, tear approx circles of that to line the holes with, that's what I do if I've run out of cases.

Never tried the silicone ones.

fustyarse Tue 05-Jul-11 13:30:19

thanks Grimma, will give it a shot and see what happens....

GrimmaTheNome Tue 05-Jul-11 13:33:31

BTW, I always find muffins stick to the cases when they're fresh, but come off the paper easily the next day. So if yours do stick horribly to the pan, maybe scrape out as much as you want to eat today and see if the rest come out any easier tomorrow - dunno if it'd work that way or not! smile

HalleLouja Sat 09-Jul-11 11:31:09

I have a mini muffin tin from pampered chef that is fab and you don't need cases. You can also use it for mini quiches with a special tool.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now