Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

ham salad for a fork buffet if got to move indoors and can't do big slices

(5 Posts)
lilolilmanchester Mon 04-Jul-11 18:54:15

was planning an outdoor buffet/BBQ for up to 40 people. We could seat them all at tables in the garden, but weather forecast suggesting we might have to eat inside, which means some eating standing up or at best with plates on knees.

For the most part, I can just adapt what I was going to do anyway by converting into finger/fork food. Bit stuck with what to do with the ham: was going to do ham in cola/similar. Could still do that & cut it smaller ie bite-sized, but think it might look naff? Any ideas for a salad with chopped up gammon/ham? Preferably without mayo as the fall back for the chicken dish has lots of mayo plus doing coleslaw and don't want things to be "samey". I was thinking it would go well with a tomato sauce, but haven't ever made anything with cold tomato sauce?

lilolilmanchester Mon 04-Jul-11 20:54:10

anyone?

storminabuttercup Mon 04-Jul-11 21:10:57

i think itd be ok in slices, itll be so tender cooked that way it will break easily...

Aworryingtrend Tue 05-Jul-11 12:22:26

I agree with storm, roast ham is usually very tender so cuttign it shouldnt be a problem.

lilolilmanchester Tue 05-Jul-11 22:44:59

will give it a try, thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now