Talk

Advanced search

How long do Rice Crispy cakes last?

(14 Posts)
TheHouseofMirth Thu 30-Jun-11 19:28:20

That's it really. Just wondering how far in advance I can make them.

cat64 Thu 30-Jun-11 19:30:23

Message withdrawn

LordOfTheFlies Thu 30-Jun-11 22:54:00

Yes they go a bit soft after 1-2 days and the chocolate gets a white 'bloom' on it from the cocoa butter.
I made some for a party at Hallowe'en and put the rest in a Lock and Lock airtight tub but after 2 days I binned them.

Don't know if they last longer with cooking chocolate ,I use Sainsb or Tesco own brand eating chocolate.

Best eaten as soon as they've set grin

gallicgirl Thu 30-Jun-11 23:02:33

About half an hour in my house.

LordOfTheFlies Thu 30-Jun-11 23:08:13

By the time DCs lick the bowl, spatula and spoons (they like to 'help' so its alot of cutlery) and they've washed hands & faces then the crispies are Open Season !

Honeydragon Thu 30-Jun-11 23:13:18

If you want to make longer lasting ones don't use chocolate at all, make them with cocoa powder, syrup and butter, they easily last 4/5 days staying crispy smile

Honeydragon Thu 30-Jun-11 23:13:43

And are nicer wink

TheHouseofMirth Fri 01-Jul-11 19:57:02

I'd love to eat them as soon as I make them but I need to make them for DS to take into his school for his birthday and I don't fancy the wrath of DS and his classmates when I tell them I ate all their cakes!

So if I make them on Sunday evening they'll be OK at 3pm on Monday? Assuming DS's teacher doesn't eat them for her lunch...

Magna Fri 01-Jul-11 20:02:24

They will be fine making them then. Just don't eat them all yourself wink

LordOfTheFlies Fri 01-Jul-11 21:47:14

Why not make some white chocolate ones as well-they are lush.

Or if you feel really cheffy/poncy drizzle some white chocolate over dark/milk chocolate ones.
They will be fine made Sunday and eaten Monday.
Just put them in an airtight box and step away

TheHouseofMirth Sat 02-Jul-11 21:10:00

Sounds nice but I am chanelling all my ponciness into cake pops

LynetteScavo Sat 02-Jul-11 21:15:12

It depends on your will power.

LynetteScavo Sat 02-Jul-11 21:20:03

Ooooh, I've just ordered a load of cake pops for DD's B'day party, but know I know how to make them, I'm really excited.

Where do you buy the sticks???

TheHouseofMirth Sat 02-Jul-11 21:32:53

I orderd some from eBay as our local cake supplies shop had run out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now