Talk

Advanced search

Using up frozen broccoli and cauli

(16 Posts)
missingmyflatbelly Tue 28-Jun-11 20:54:27

Hi

I have a bag of frozen broccoli and cauliflower I need to use up any ideas what to with it. I don't like cauli cheese btw. Ideally some recipes where they are disguised maybe a good bean burger recipe? Anyone got one,or any other ideas?

I have plenty of time as they're frozen bur I'd really like to clear the space in my freezer next week...

Thank yousmile

coansha Wed 29-Jun-11 06:10:42

cauliflower is always good in soup !! broccoli gratin with bacon is nice too.
you could just keep adding bits to stock or gravy mix and blend it.

missingmyflatbelly Wed 29-Jun-11 16:57:12

Mmm cauliflower soup that sounds lovely. Maybe I could find a broccoli soup recipe too! I like the idea of adding to stocks too. Thanks.smile

missingmyflatbelly Thu 30-Jun-11 08:22:01

Bumping for any other ideassmile

aseriouslyblondemoment Fri 01-Jul-11 09:57:44

we often use them in a bake with leftovers of chicken or salmon.use a white sauce( adding chopped dill for the fish version) and then top with breadcrumbs.

piprabbit Fri 01-Jul-11 09:59:42

Veggie curry? Always seems to have cauliflower in it.

supadupapupascupa Fri 01-Jul-11 10:02:19

good soup recipe

1 onion
1 potato
2 sticks celery
butter

cook gently until slightly softened

add broccoli (and cauli or other green veggies)

add veg stock (cubes are fine)

cook 15/20mins

blitz

This is an adaptation of the covent garden recipe and really is lovely. Tastes gorgeous with a dollop of sour cream or philli cheese

tigerchilli Fri 01-Jul-11 12:23:52

I make the same soup as supadupapupascupa said above but at the end I add blue cheese or brie, stirring until it melts as serve immediately.

tigerchilli Fri 01-Jul-11 12:33:37

Oops that should be 'and' and not 'as'

SquigglePigs Sun 03-Jul-11 13:36:54

Cauliflower and potato curry is always good.

missingmyflatbelly Sun 03-Jul-11 16:41:04

squigglepigs i wanted to make aloo ghobi but dh not keen! I love the sound of that soup recipe supa i think I'll make it this week and freeze it as I like to have a few frozen soups for emergencies. Doesn't help me with freeing up freezer space lol but at least the space is being used by something I'll actually eat! Thanks all.

colditz Sun 03-Jul-11 16:41:57

Steam it, mash it, and make omelettes with cheese with it.

missingmyflatbelly Tue 05-Jul-11 23:10:54

supa i made your soup and it was lovely, thank you so much for sharing the recipe! smile

supadupapupascupa Wed 06-Jul-11 09:49:11

grin you're welcome.

even kids like it!

SilverSky Sat 09-Jul-11 18:35:15

Caulk & potato recipe pls!!!!

missingmyflatbelly Tue 12-Jul-11 14:07:28

Silversky I've never made it myself but you could try searching on google for aloo ghobi or aloo gobi, that's what potato and cauli curry is called in Urdu.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now