here?

Is it any good?

MyLifeIsChaotic Tue 28-Jun-11 20:04:20

Message withdrawn

KatyMac Tue 28-Jun-11 20:31:10

Oh

That doesn't sound good

piprabbit Tue 28-Jun-11 20:35:11

I was given this for Christmas, along with a microplane grater.

I've cooked several things from it, and gone back and repeated some of the recipes too (which is usually a good sign).

The cakes are seriously gorgeous and the recipes have been very reliable so far.

It is especially good if you regularly cook for someone with a gluten inolterance/coeliac disease as the vast majority of recipes are gluten free. Plus it's entertaining to get everyone eating your scrummy strawberry cupcakes only to reveal that they have courgette in them (but small things amuse me grin).

cleverything Tue 28-Jun-11 20:38:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

KatyMac Tue 28-Jun-11 21:07:37

Interesting

I don't really do that sort of cooking

MyLifeIsChaotic Tue 28-Jun-11 21:12:58

Message withdrawn

cleverything Tue 28-Jun-11 21:51:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

KatyMac Tue 28-Jun-11 21:52:21

Well I was wondering, tbh

MyLifeIsChaotic Tue 28-Jun-11 22:23:15

Message withdrawn

piprabbit Tue 28-Jun-11 22:25:05

I did the Light Chocolate Cake (the one on the cover) for MILs birthday and it went down very well.

MyLifeIsChaotic Tue 28-Jun-11 22:35:46

Message withdrawn

KatyMac Tue 28-Jun-11 22:41:09

Now I'm conflicted

Do I wish you success (for DS2) or failure (so I can have the book)

I think, on balance, success is more important

MyLifeIsChaotic Tue 28-Jun-11 22:42:26

Message withdrawn

AutumnWitch Tue 28-Jun-11 22:48:05

I've tried loads of the recipes and they're usually a success - my boys can't get enough of them. The birthday cake, light chocolate cake, brownies, scones, orange cupcakes, victoria sponge - all yummy. They freeze really well too, so I tend to make a batch with stuff from my veg box that we haven't got round to eating.

The only one to watch out for is the paprika scones - I think the recipe meant tsp when it says tbsp - they were inedible.

jenniec79 Tue 05-Jul-11 11:11:01

I had to make a couple of them before the book even hit the bookcase which is actually quite unusual for me.

Admittedly I didn't use rice flour, but worked out fine with ordinary plain white flour. I've made the lime & blueberry slice which was delicious, but I might try a full macaroon base rather than hers next time, and one of the squash-based ones. Lovely book too, and different way to think about veg recipes!

I also have her French cookbook, but not made anything from that yet.

bunjies Wed 06-Jul-11 11:24:14

Everything I have amde from this book has been very well received by kids and adults alike. The banana bread is really yum. In fact I feel inspired to make something this weekend as I have a number of wheat free flours I need to use up before they get too old.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now