Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Summer potato recipies

(9 Posts)
ohgoonthen Tue 28-Jun-11 08:49:20

Does anyone have any nice summery/light recipe ideas for potatoes?
I have loads of them in the cupboard and really don't want to waste them, but it is wayyy to hot for mash, roasties etc.

Thanks

WorzselMummage Tue 28-Jun-11 08:50:44

Wedges. Chop in to slices drizzle will olive oil and whatever flavour you want. Cook.

smile

MoreBeta Tue 28-Jun-11 09:01:02

I did the Delia Spanish Omlette at the weekend. I put a bit of chorizo in too.

Left it to cool after cooking. Serve still slightly warm, in slices with a salad and glass of wine. Lovely.

purplepidjin Tue 28-Jun-11 09:29:32

Lighlty boiled new potatoes straight out of the plant pot into the cooking pot, yum grin

Do loads, squidge a bit of mayo/salad cream and some chopped mint on the leftovers and have them the next day

Saute'd is nice, thinly slice and shallow fry. With mushrooms onions and peppers, it makes a Spanish Tapas dish I can never remember the name of blush

Xiaoxiong Tue 28-Jun-11 12:30:48

This is the best potato salad recipe in the entire world IMHO: lightly boil new/salad potatoes (cut into bite-sized chunks if necessary), put aside to cool while you chop the other bits. Then combine with:
good splash vinegar (rice if you've got it, but cider works fine)
enough mayonnaise to make it all creamy (I usually use 3-4 good dollops)
sliced salad onions
diced celery
good handful fresh herbs, chopped (dill essential, and then any or all of: basil, tarragon, mint, flat-leaf parsley), and
the zest of at least one lemon.

My family sometimes adds chopped hard-boiled eggs too.

This is great for parties, picnics and barbeques because it's amazing warm, at room temp or cold.

spout Mon 04-Jul-11 15:43:08

BUMP! I have a hundredweight of new-ish allotment spuds looking at me and I am BEREFT of inspiration. DH said he doesn't fancy a potato salad hmm otherwise yours sounds bloody lovely, Tyelperion.

Littlepurpleprincess Mon 04-Jul-11 17:13:05

leek and potato soup.

Instead of mash I like to do 'crushed' potatoes as jamie oliver calls them. Cook em in the microwave, in a bowl with a lemon, covered with clingfilm (the bowl, not the lemon lol), until they are soft. Then crush them with a fork, mixing in cream cheese as you go. Keep em a bit lumpy, not smooth like mash.

Home-made chips/wedges.

Er...how old are your kids? How about potato printing?

Littlepurpleprincess Mon 04-Jul-11 17:14:03

Oh and you could add them to curries, nice with a cold beer on a summer night.

ColonelBrandonsBiggestGroupie Mon 04-Jul-11 22:11:30

Make a big dish of dauphinoise and have it with a really mustardy/lemony rocket salad or chicory if you like it.

Cook baked potatoes as normal then cut them in half and let them cool a bit. Scrape out most of the filling and mix with grated cheese and red onion or with cheese and lightly sauteed leeks. Stuff back into the shells and cook until crispy. Eat with salad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now