Talk

Advanced search

what can I make with tins of mixed beans

(9 Posts)
givemeaclue Sat 25-Jun-11 17:10:33

got a couple lurking at back of cupboard - any tried and tested suggestions?

MissTinaTeaspoon Sat 25-Jun-11 17:11:42

chilli

ElectricSoftParade Sat 25-Jun-11 17:12:13

I would make a soup with onions and garlic fried, chuck in some mixed herbs, a couple of tins of tomatoes and the mixed beans. Lovely.

BecauseImWorthIt Sat 25-Jun-11 17:14:15

Add them to a load of mixed vegetables and then make a bean and vegetable lasagne.

FreakoidOrganisoid Sat 25-Jun-11 17:15:18

Tin of mixed beans, tin of tomatoes, stock, any veg, diced bacon/chicken/chorizo, slosh ofwine = very quick and easy casseroley thing

Or fried with peppers, onions, mushrooms etc and fajita spices then put in wraps

Or mush them up into beanburgers with some seasoning and breadcrumbs or porridge oats

stressedHEmum Sat 25-Jun-11 19:00:48

2 tins mixed beans, a sliced red pepper, a chopped onion, a tin tomatoes, some garlic, a good bit of paprika, top with a spoonful of sour cream - bean goulash.

Brown rice, tin beans, onion, celery, green pepper, garlic, chili flakes, veg stock, small amount of cooked mince or some finely chopped bacon - cook until all liquid is absorbed for rice and beans.

Doyouthinktheysaurus Sat 25-Jun-11 19:20:06

I add them to curry and eat with naan bread rather than rice.

Also make a salad out of them by adding some chopped onion and making a dressing....yum!

givemeaclue Tue 05-Jul-11 14:33:27

Thanks all for your great ideas, going to do my online shop now and use up those beans out the back of the cupboard at long last!

startail Fri 08-Jul-11 23:52:48

Onion, possibly some peppers, fry add beans and a jar of korma sauce. Rice- easiest veggi dish in the world.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now