Talk

Advanced search

I have just made the most vile soup, can it be rescued?

(10 Posts)
trixymalixy Sat 25-Jun-11 15:28:17

it's courgette soup. I've made it before, and it's normally lovely, but it has a really bitter aftertaste.

I did chop them up and salt them before cooking as all the courgettes I have had recently have been bitter, but it hasn't helped.

It's a massive pot as well, so would hate to chuck it away.

Can it be rescued?

KatyMac Sat 25-Jun-11 15:30:07

Sugar?

Tomatoes?

Carrots?

KatyMac Sat 25-Jun-11 15:30:29

Sweet potato might work

rookiemater Sat 25-Jun-11 17:59:21

Do you have any creme fraiche, that might help to smooth it out a bit?

KatyMac Sat 25-Jun-11 20:16:08

What did you try?

trixymalixy Sat 25-Jun-11 20:45:39

I tried sugar, but it didn't help. We're dairy free as DS is allergic so couldn't try cream.

It's sitting in the kitchen still but I think it'll be going down the plug hole as I don't want to waste anymore veg trying to make it edible.

It's the last time I buy courgettes though, they all seem to be vile these days.

trixymalixy Sat 25-Jun-11 20:46:03

Oh, and thank you for your suggestions!!

schmee Sat 25-Jun-11 20:47:02

honey and mint - or the bin!

CharlieCoCo Thu 07-Jul-11 00:19:43

i was going to say yoghurt but read bot being dairy free. what about coconut milk, can he have that? might help-in future, obviously i have come to this party too late lol.

trixymalixy Thu 07-Jul-11 08:36:24

Thanks, I'm afraid it all went down the plughole. I love courgette soup, but I always seem to get really bitter courgettes these days, I'll just stuck to broccoli and carrot next time.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: