Talk

Advanced search

Christening Food

(4 Posts)
steben Thu 23-Jun-11 12:46:17

Having DD christened in August - was thinking of having people back to ours for a easy bbq - by easy i mean - loads of gourmet sausages, bread and maybe a couple of salads. Does that sound reasonable - I have a tendency to overdo it when i entertain and thought this would be a good way to entertain and enjoy day! It means a gamble on the weather but has anyone done something like this and did it work?

CogitoErgoSometimes Thu 23-Jun-11 13:26:01

My DS birthday usually clashes with late May bank holiday so iffy weather is always a possibilty. BBQ works regardless of rain because we have a big Weber kettle-style with a lid. And you can always roast gourmet sausages and kebabs etc., in your house oven if it's bucketing down.

steben Thu 23-Jun-11 15:37:26

Good point thanks

Barbeasty Fri 24-Jun-11 09:26:44

We did exactly that last August, and it worked really well.

We added a few canapé bits from Waitrose, mainly because I got carried away when I borrowed the glasses from them, and got the salads from them too (DD was only 6 weeks so I wanted to save work)

Instead of a heavy cake, I did a mixture of mini individual pavlovas and strawberry fairy cakes.

If it rains you can always grill stuff!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now