Talk

Advanced search

Any self-employed caterers out there?

(3 Posts)
NotaDisneyMum Wed 22-Jun-11 17:43:50

After years of working in administration, the latest round of government cuts has offered me the opportunity to start my own business, which I have been working on for the last 2 months and hope to start trading in the next few weeks!
I have converted my passion for local produce and my love of cooking fresh family meals into a business - offering a service in which I will go into peoples homes and cook a meal for a special occasion or dinner party.
I live in a tourist area, so anticipate that lot of my clients will be staying in self-catering holiday accomodation, but hope that locals may also book my services; perhaps for a family Sunday lunch after a babies christening, or a birthday celebration for an elderly relative who isn't keen on restaurants?

Does anyone do anything similar? In the last few weeks I've swapped power suits for pinnies, false nails for blue plasters and spreadsheets for recipe books; I've written cleaning schedules, been on food safety courses and been interviewed on local radio!

My life has changed beyond my wildest dreams, and I'm loving it!

piebald Wed 22-Jun-11 17:54:08

I too live in a tourist area with a lot of selfcatering and have often wondered if i could provide homemade freezer meals for people--particularly for the first night they arrive so when they get to cottage a meal would be ready for them to just heat--that could be expanded to a full dinner or even a load of shopping collected for them (there are no delivery supermarkets here) That could be a small way to expand your business.

readysalted Thu 30-Jun-11 10:59:53

i am a self employed caterer i love it the things i do is slightly different to you but still great food delivered . i have gone from running a big organisation to working and creating things from home its absolutely bliss gringrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now