Talk

Advanced search

Help! Ideas needed!

(7 Posts)
Peachy Mon 20-Jun-11 10:33:47

Friends have announced they are coming to stay withnus this weekend (late friday- early Sunday), first time visit. I can cope with that but seems it's his 65th birthday so feel I must make it special- but what to feed on a budget please? They say they eat anything but realistically, they are both sixties so hard to know. TIA

4merlyknownasSHD Mon 20-Jun-11 11:53:13

Quiche & salad, with some nice new potatoes.
Eton Mess?
Roast Pork Belly is a cheap, but very tasty meal which can be slow roasted so you don't need to spend all your time in the kitchen.
Sponge Flan with whipped cream/fromage frais and strawberries/raspberries for pud.

Peachy Mon 20-Jun-11 12:32:30

Yummy, lots of great ideas. Pork belly loved by dh but not me though- I am a pita

fearnelinen Mon 20-Jun-11 12:51:53

BBQ? Eat out. Def a roast. Curry? Curry is always super cheap for me - a little bit of meat can be easily padded with lots of lovely veg.
What's the birthday boys favourite meal?

Peachy Mon 20-Jun-11 16:38:19

Don;t know fearne, I bet a roast would go down well though. DH easts with him most Sundays and ahsn;t seem him refuse anything yet.

Roast pork with trimmings and I thought about making mini pavlovas as a birthday dessert ?

Peachy Mon 20-Jun-11 16:38:33

Oh and absolutely YY to quiche for lunch- fab idea

fearnelinen Mon 20-Jun-11 22:46:57

Can I come?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now