Talk

Advanced search

Waybuloo birthday cake

(4 Posts)
scarlettsmumma Sun 19-Jun-11 17:18:51

I would like to attempt to make a waybuloo birthday cake for my lil one, does anyone have any ideas on how i should do this?

mnistooaddictive Mon 20-Jun-11 15:33:28

I am not an expert, and hope someone who is will come along, but what I do, is get a simplified version of the picture, print it off the right size and cut round it before drawing in the lines needed in icing.

herecomesthsun Mon 20-Jun-11 19:33:29

one possibility or less expensive or jeez!

Zozzer35 Tue 21-Jun-11 13:05:52

I made Nok Tok's face for my one year old's birthday; follow a victoria sponge recipe, using 2 round tins (8"). When cold, cut 2 thin 'moon' shapes from the sides of one of the cakes to make the face more almond-shaped, and cut out 2 'ears'. Then make 2 batches of buttercream. Colour one lot turquoise-y blue and the other beige. The icing took the longest, but it looked pretty good. I bought some roll out white icing to make the eyes and mouth and used cut up raisins strips for the eyelashes. Good food colouring is the key. If you've got time, buy from a cake decorating place; good choice of colours. Have fun!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now