Talk

Advanced search

Having four/five smaller meals a day...

(4 Posts)
confuseddotcodotuk Sat 18-Jun-11 16:57:26

I'm wondering how people who do this vary their meals? Last year I was in a job that required it but two of my four meals were provided by my place of work, ready made and waiting to be eaten with no thought from me!

So now I'm wanting to eat like this again (it suits me and also the job I'm now in) but am having to actually make all of the meals myself I'm wondering how I can vary this? Does anybody have any little tips or tricks that they use?

I'm rather rubbish at being inventive when it comes to my own diet blush

I prefer small regular meals and was told by the doc to do this to keep my blood sugar levels constant.

You can just reduce the portion size of some, chicken and salad etc. I like a supper, usually two pieces of pumpernickel with philly light, cucumber cherry toms.

You could make some nice soups? Leek and potato, spinach, red pepper and sweet potato?

Fruit salad?

Rice cakes with peanut butter and an apple?

Bowl of noodles and a few stir fry veg.?

confuseddotcodotuk Sun 19-Jun-11 14:20:09

Thanks for the ideas smile I was thinking about soups earlier actually, I need to get my hands on some good smoked garlic to roast and a squash grin

I can see how smaller more regular meals help with blood sugar. i often wonder why more people don't have less meals in a day, and larger meals in the mornings too. I tend to try and have big breakfasts (cereal, toast and fruit) and smaller dinners when I'm eating like this. Feels much better in comparison to the other way round!

I think work and conditioning don't help! I have watched my son go from a decent little grazer as a toddler to a lunch clone at school, where you get in eat a big school lunch and get out again.

Thankfully in his new school they have a real emphasis on the mid morning snack, and parents are required to provide by gov guidelines.

This suits him much better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now