Talk

Advanced search

Blueberry pud ideas please!

(7 Posts)
Jezabelle Sat 18-Jun-11 16:43:10

I've just bought a bumper pack of blueberries. Am going to a friend's for lunch tomorrow and have said I'll bring pudding. Any ideas on a quick and easy blueberry pudding that's good with icecream, (all the dcs love icecream).

TIA

Rindercella Sat 18-Jun-11 16:44:28

Not for the DCs, but blueberries in the bottom of a champagne flute, topped up with champagne (or cava). Yum and ever so good for you smile

mustdash Sat 18-Jun-11 16:47:46

They make a brilliant eton mess type thing, which they could do themselves at the table with all the bits. Ice cream instead of the cream obvs.

Also DD2 made herself some porridge this morning, with apple juice instead of milk, and stirred some blueberries in at the end. I didn't try it, but she said it was gorgeous, but very sweet - might make a good pudding, and could me luscious with ice cream dolloped on top.

dottyaboutstripes Sat 18-Jun-11 17:39:10

Bill Granger's blueberry tea cake is the yummiest thing the world has ever known grin

roguepixie Sat 18-Jun-11 17:48:51

Hugh F-W does a clafoutis with blueberries. Think it is probably viewable online - just google it.

ajandjjmum Sat 18-Jun-11 17:50:27

Apple and blueberry pie?

Jezabelle Sat 18-Jun-11 20:10:51

Thanks so much for all your replies! I have eggs coming out my ears at the moment (busy chickens). I loved the Eton mess idea and looked up merangue recipes, but have stored that idea away for another time. We've decided on Hugh's clafoutis. (DH got the deciding vote it being daddy's day!)

I love tea cakes and will try that when friends pop over of an afternoon, (you sold them to me Dotty!)

Champagne/cava thing sounds lush but feeling a bit skint at the moment!

Thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now