Talk

Advanced search

Pork tenderloin

(6 Posts)
aseriouslyblondemoment Tue 14-Jun-11 23:00:09

Give me your best recipes!
I've a few in the freezer.
Have exhausted Delia and adapted a 30 min Jamie one(without kidneys!)
Mushrooms fine, as my fussier dc will still eat it and pick them out!
Nuts can't be included.
TIA smile

piebald Wed 15-Jun-11 09:01:04

Cut into slices fry in butter splosh in some sherry or brandy or white wine (if you have it) and or some orange juice , simmer away a bit then stir in creme fraiche
Or look up pork and prune recipe from Sophie Grigson meat course book-it is really lovely,, I can post it if you want it

aseriouslyblondemoment Thu 16-Jun-11 11:10:52

thanks piebald i will check it outsmile

Cut into slices and put each slice in between two sheets of cling film. Flatten them to 1/2cm thick escalopes and then put a sage leaf on followed by a slice of parma ham or similar and secure with a toothpick. Toss in seasoned flour and then quickly fry on both sides in a little butter and olive oil. Deglaze the pan with white wine or port or marsala and you have a saltimbocca type thing. Serve with some sauté potatoes and spinach (my choice) or whatever...

Aworryingtrend Fri 17-Jun-11 09:24:12

Slice tenderloin in half down its middle and open it out like a book. Stuff with any of the following:
- readymade stuffing/sausagemeat
- caramelised apples and mustard
- mushrooms you have sweated already
- dried apricots/pine nuts/prunes for a 'moroccany' type dish

Then wrap in pancetta (not for the moroccan one) and again in puff pastry if desired and bake.

aseriouslyblondemoment Fri 17-Jun-11 15:28:47

ooh fantastic more ideas!
thanks both of yousmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now