Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I need to make a sauce for some steak with not many ingredients - any tips/recipes?

(10 Posts)

I have some steak (!) I need to cook tonight, looks very.... meh. I have no peppercorn sauce in my cupboard (sad) so want to whip something up ... have hardly any ingredients though so will need it to be abit... tailored. What is a basic recipe sauce I can whack over the steak? Thanks! smile

Flisspaps Tue 14-Jun-11 17:05:05

What about some garlic or herb butter instead of a sauce?

How do I make that? blush

I have just made a white sauce type thing with piri piri, garlic, parsley and oregano. The lid fell off the garlic granules though blushshock Whoops.

Flisspaps Wed 15-Jun-11 08:34:10

Lovely smile

To make a garlic/herb butter, get a good chunk of butter (soft) and then mix your chosen flavouring in. Put it on cling film, roll it into a sausage and then chill it. Chop off a small chunk when it's hard, and let it melt over your cooked steak.

Xiaoxiong Thu 16-Jun-11 12:58:07

You could make a blue cheese sauce if you have any in the fridge.

trixymalixy Thu 16-Jun-11 18:15:49

Blue cheese, creme fraiche or cream and port. Delicious!!

hobbgoblin Thu 16-Jun-11 18:17:11

I make horseradish mayo...

thebestisyettocome Thu 16-Jun-11 18:17:43

Add creme fraise and wholegrain mustard to the pan juices. This makes an outstanding sauce.

iklboo Thu 16-Jun-11 18:18:21

Slice & fry some mushrooms, season & add a little cream. If you've got any, flambé the mushrooms with some brandy before adding the cream.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now