Talk

Advanced search

Breakfast inspiration

(6 Posts)
bitzermaloney Tue 14-Jun-11 16:25:24

I'm on the hunt for breakfast ideas that aren't just cereal or toast or bagels, that will do for all of us (dh and me plus two ds's 5 and 2). We are all a bit bored. I love the idea of having pancakes and fruit etc, but realistically can't see myself managing that on a school morning. What do you all have that's a bit more interesting than a bowl of Cheerios or Alpen?

enidroach Tue 14-Jun-11 17:07:36

Eggs - my kids have recently started having scrambled egg (Dh has his with strips of smoked salmon in)or french toast with cinnamon (with chopped strawberries and kiwis on the side) or boiled egg with dipping soldiers after getting fed up with cereal and toast too. Have never been able to convince them of the merits of porridge even with honey and blueberries etc. pancakes (scotch style) can be quick if you make the batter up the night before and store in the fridge or Waitrose do good buttermilk ones that you just need to heat( and they do good frozen croissants and pain au chocolat that you "bake" in the oven - just like a cafe's) I often eat yoghurt with berries and crunchy granola (but kids don't like).

bitzermaloney Tue 14-Jun-11 18:52:52

Ooh, lovely, thanks. Especially like the French toast and fruit idea. Smoked salmon and egg would be a real treat once in a while too.

TheSkiingGardener Tue 14-Jun-11 19:11:33

Pancakes can be made and frozen too. They then microwave really well. Eggy bread is good as is the occasional melon and yoghurt day.

bigTillyMint Tue 14-Jun-11 19:12:56

How could anyone ever get bored with cereal, toast or bagels? hmm

No wonder your name is bitzermaloney grin

bitzermaloney Tue 14-Jun-11 20:38:14

Not all that skinny and bony, bigTilly... grin

Not bored of bagels et al in themselves, just don't want to be eating them every day for the next 40 years!

Didn't know pancakes microwave well - excellent.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: