Talk

Advanced search

Meal ideas with no kitchen?

(7 Posts)
Changebagsandgladrags Sat 11-Jun-11 22:25:25

Having kitchen redone next week, not really thought this through. Will have a microwave possibly.

Any ideas?

Sanesometimes1 Sat 11-Jun-11 22:44:51

take aways lol ! or family friendly pubs for a couple of days. think it will be just too much of a nightmare trying to feed family with one little microwave, brakfasts will be fne, cereal etc, anything else will be hasstle as guessing no sink to wash up either ? so take away, pubs or in laws !

Jaspants Sun 12-Jun-11 20:42:08

Beg / borrow a George Foreman grill and a slow cooker - there is bound to be someone you know who has one gathering dust somewhere. Then you can do spag bol / chilli type stuff in the slow cooker and cook sausages / cheese toasties etc on the GF grill

Jaspants Sun 12-Jun-11 20:42:51

Loads of microwave recipes here

Jaspants Sun 12-Jun-11 20:43:44

Actually I forgot my friend fed her family of 8 for more than a month on the bbq when her DH broke his foot mid kitchen refurb

BlueChampagne Wed 15-Jun-11 15:56:05

How much (cleanish) work space will you have? Will fridge / freezer still be connected? Will you have water to wash up? Can you do any cooking in advance?

Agree with Sanesometimes - treat yourself to some takeaways/pub meals. Home cooking will be a treat again afterwards, especially with a new kitchen!

Hope it all goes according to plan.

Aworryingtrend Wed 15-Jun-11 17:03:23

We did this a couple of months ago and it honestly was nowhere as bad as we thought it would be.

We had a kettle, a toaster and microwave and made:

-marinaded chicken breasts pinged in microwave and couscous
- boil in the bag fish (check pack if its microwaveable- sainsbos own is) and couscous
- beans on toast and cheese
- jacket potstoes and tuna/cheese
- reheated meals from freezer I had made beforehand- lasagne etc
- bacon and scrambled eggs
- salads

now that its warmer that gives you loads more options, ie bbq and salads.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now