Talk

Advanced search

what's the nicest meal anyone's ever cooked for you (friends, not professional chefs)

(6 Posts)
lilolilmanchester Sat 11-Jun-11 18:17:36

got friends coming round in a couple of weeks. Have a cooked for them many, many times, am not kidding probably 100 times. In spite of bulging shelves of cookbooks, am lacking inspiration. I want to serve really tasty food, not "out to impress", just to please genuine people with genuinely good food. I can't make a list of everything I've ever made for them, so just tell me: what is the nicest, tastiset thing you've ever had at a friend's house - no matter how simple (simple is good, means I get to spend more time with them) . And sorry if I say "done that already"- just post anyway, it will help others looking for similar ideas.

Cheeser Sat 11-Jun-11 18:21:17

Something that I thought was great round a friend's house recently... She cooked really fresh king prawns, fried with garlic and chilli served with chunky bread. Really simple but taste. Then followed by seafood lasagne with simple green salad. She prepared the lasagne beforehand, had it in the oven and after we'd been there for half hour or so drinking she did the prawns, obviously were very quick to pull together and then once we were finished it wasn't long before the lasagne was ready. It was delicious! But then I am a lover of seafood... grin

Cheeser Sat 11-Jun-11 18:21:43

tasty, I meant.

WillieWaggledagger Sat 11-Jun-11 18:23:16

dp's mum often does greek lamb stew (and now i do) - you can bung everything in and leave it and it's melt in the mouth - special but easy. she does it with couscous rather than the pasta they suggest

Lulabellarama Sat 11-Jun-11 18:24:23

My father in law is a fab cook. My face meals he has done are:
Moroccan style slow cooked lamb shoulder with carrot salad
Cassoulet
Confit chicken legs with fennel gratin

lilolilmanchester Sat 11-Jun-11 19:06:42

some lovely ideas on here, thanks, have taken note .. prawn starter and lamb stew looking good.... more ideas welcome as will be feeding this group again before the end of the summer. Thanks x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now