Talk

Advanced search

Eco packets of coffee the same price as non-eco packets of coffee

(7 Posts)
GeoPuzzles Wed 08-Jun-11 13:02:32

hi
have just been down to Tescos (am I allowed to put the shop name in?)
and saw that the Eco packets of a particular brand of coffee were the same price as the glass jar-ed packets
well they were the same price per 100g
the jar-ed coffee was on offer but nevertheless they were the same brand
it makes a mockery of the environmental campaign, when eco packets are no cheaper than bottled/jar-ed packets, where is the incentive?
I would say that eco packets should always be more expensive than non eco packets period
we are all just individuals
Tescos is the biggest grocer in the uk

BelovedCunt Wed 08-Jun-11 13:03:31

'what is the incentive' - not wasting glass, duh

AMumInScotland Wed 08-Jun-11 13:18:14

If you compare the prices in Tesco on many things, you'll find them hugely inconsistent - I don't think they have any kind of overall policy about it. eg big label pointing out one size good price, but when you look another size is better per 100g.

I don't think there's any need for a rule on which ones they have to make cheaper, whether or not they are environmentally friendly. Just look, compare, decide!

CogitoErgoSometimes Wed 08-Jun-11 17:49:06

Eco-friendly, grower-friendly, organic etc stuff is usually sold at a premium... But if you're talking about pouches vs jars of coffee it's most likely that this is an admin cock-up... promo should cover both formats and someone didn't twig before it went live. Less likely to be a malicious anti-eco statement... more likely to be a balls-up.

GeoPuzzles Wed 06-Jul-11 23:07:55

Beloved, I just thought that it would be a good idea if eco packets were always cheaper than non-eco packets thats all
then probably we would end up being more environmentally friendly thats all, just a hunch
PS loverly nickname

TheLaminator Fri 08-Jul-11 14:18:46

are they really eco though if you cant recycle plastic in your area? we only have paper, tin and glass collection here?

LordOfTheFlies Sat 09-Jul-11 16:06:58

I buy coffee on special offer and quite often the jars are cheaper.
I suppose the pouches are lighter but with the jars you re-cycle at Tesco and get an green point.
Worth about 0.000000001p hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now