Talk

Advanced search

Any Ideas?

(4 Posts)
yummychoccycake Tue 07-Jun-11 19:50:21

Hi,

Im thinking of making a meal for my friends children. She is going through an extremely traumatic time at the moment but still needs to contend with the everyday things. So I just thought i'd cook something that i could just pop round and all she would have to do is heat it up for the kiddies.
Do you think its a good idea?

SO... any ideas on what i could make please?

Thankyou

lilolilmanchester Tue 07-Jun-11 22:25:34

what a kind thought and I'm sure it'll be appreciated. Do you know what they do/don't eat? Something like Shepherd's pie might be good - if she can't use it there and then she could freeze it? But depends what they like to eat I guess.

JetLi Wed 08-Jun-11 18:46:17

Was going to say cottage pie/shepherds pie - more or less a meal in a dish really. All she'd need to add would be frozen peas or some such green veg.
Stew & dumplings or sausage casserole? Pasta sauce?

Very kind of you BTW smile I'm sure she'll be grateful.

babybouncer Wed 08-Jun-11 20:51:41

I love the one-pot idea: risottos or pasta bakes are also a good for that. Or perhaps a chilli or bolognaise or stew (so they just need pasta/rice/potatoes/bread adding depending on what the kids eat).

Alternatively - could you babysit one afternoon/evening and feed the kids at yours?

I think this sounds a lovely idea and I'm sure she'll appreciate it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now