Talk

Advanced search

Have I poisoned us all?

(5 Posts)
SunnilyEnough Mon 06-Jun-11 19:39:27

Usually roast a chicken at 200°C. Was absent minded today, put oven at 180°, realised after an hour, turned it up to 200° for last 15 mins. (1.2kg)

Juices ran clear, so I guess it was cooked ok? We've all eaten it so it's too late anyway - but I am generally neurotic about chicken and could do with some reassurance. Is 180° hot enough for roast chicken?! It's a fan oven, btw.

OldLadyKnowsNothing Mon 06-Jun-11 19:46:06

I cook mine at 180 (fan oven also) and haven't killed anyone yet. smile The juices were clear, it was fine.

SunnilyEnough Mon 06-Jun-11 19:47:48

Thanks smile
The breast was even a bit dry... but I lose my capacity for independent, rational thought when it comes to cooking chicken, don't know why. So frightened of giving everyone salmonella.

YummyHoney Mon 06-Jun-11 19:47:57

Don't worry, if the juices ran clear it's cooked through. smile

TheRhubarb Mon 06-Jun-11 19:49:14

Try this - rub chicken with salt and olive oil. Cook on high (200) for 10mins, then turn the chicken over and cook for another 10 before turning it back onto its back and cooking for an hour on 180. Tastiest chicken you'll ever have!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now