Talk

Advanced search

Buying a food processor

(9 Posts)
SarkyLady Sun 05-Jun-11 22:10:14

Any advice?

Budget is £100-£130

Nothing too complicated. I want something that does the basics well and that will last.

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 06-Jun-11 07:49:12

Save up another £50-£70 and get a basic Magimix - seriously. There are cheaper brands around but the build-quality tends to be not as good and the motors go if given a lot of work to do.

GinniferAndTonic Mon 06-Jun-11 09:36:50

I have this thing from Bosch and I'm really, really happy with it. In fact I have a Kitchen Aid as well, but it's mostly gathering dust now. The Bosch mixer is silent, efficient and perfectly balanced so it's lovely to use.

SarkyLady Mon 06-Jun-11 11:42:48

Thanks Cogito.
Bit tricky to increase budget. My mum has offered this as a joint present to me and DH. I'd feel a bit cheeky asking to top it up

Ginnifer.
What can/cannot that one do? I think I want a more conventional food processor but that is an interesting option.

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 06-Jun-11 12:12:14

I'd say 'I'll buy it and you give me the money'... spend £150-£170 ish on a Magimix and gratefully accept the £100 donation from Ma. I was in your shoes once and compromised to what looked like a very nice Braun. Because it tended to choke if given anything serious to do, I didn't use it and it just sat in the cupboard most of the time.

SarkyLady Mon 06-Jun-11 12:18:07

thanks.
will think about it some more.

MikeStand Mon 06-Jun-11 23:16:44

My magimix died - motor went. Same thing happened to MILs. Buy a good knife and save yourself washing up. I have not had a food processor for about 3 years, cook a lot and do not miss it.

Clary Mon 06-Jun-11 23:34:03

I have this Kenwood here on Amazon

What I like about it is that it is a small unit (my last FP was a giant thing I kept in the cupboard - it broke when I dropped it getting it own blush) so I can sit it on the worktop.

As you see it is cheaper than yr budget (and I have seen it cheaper still on Amazon) but fine IMO. Lots of bits with it but I stash those in the cupboard and in any case won't use lots of them. Revies saw the bowl is fragile but I find it fine.

TBH I too was without one for years but then got fed up with Nigella saying "bung cake ingredients into the processor" grin

DorsetCookingMum Fri 30-Sep-11 17:14:12

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now