Talk

Advanced search

Icecream makers - Any good ????

(11 Posts)
MarmadukeMarmalade Thu 02-Jun-11 10:14:33

Apologies if this isn't the right place to post this request, but, after seeing Jamie Oliver on TV saying what goes into icecream sad I've decided to buy one! and make my own. Can anyone recommend one please and just let me know if they are any good. I don't have ££££'s to spend, but could go up to £100 ish. TIA

Xiaoxiong Thu 02-Jun-11 11:32:22

I've used one very similar to this: www.johnlewis.com/230843363/Product.aspx

Try and get a replacement bowl as well so you can always have one chilling in the freezer while the other one is churning away.

There's a JL brand one that's only £35, may have to pick one up for myself now...

MarmadukeMarmalade Thu 02-Jun-11 11:49:48

Thanks, Tyel

Quiapeter Thu 02-Jun-11 11:52:44

I bought the kenwood one for 23 pounds from Amazon and I love it !!!!! We have done already 2 ice cream and it is as good as hagen daz if not better !

Quiapeter Thu 02-Jun-11 11:53:07

Oh I like the idea of getting a replacement bowl !

MumsieNonna Thu 02-Jun-11 15:39:27

If I was rich I would have this fabby Cuisinart icecream maker but I'm not, so I have this cheap as chips Cuisinart icecream maker bought from Amazon. I also recommend the book Lola's Ice Creams and Sundaes which I got for the bargain price of £4.99 from The Book People.

nometime Thu 02-Jun-11 15:45:53

Had one for year's used it less than a handful of times and recycled it!!

nickelbabe Thu 02-Jun-11 15:50:12

oh, yes, if you've got a Kenwood chef, you have to get the ice cream attachment ! (or if not, jsut get a maker )

we've got a manual ice cream maker, and it's a bit of an annoyance having to remember to put it in the freezer for 8 hours first.
then churn.

I know if we had an attachement for the chef, we'd do it more often, though.

nickelbabe Thu 02-Jun-11 15:54:16

there are a few listings for the kenwood standalone ice cream maker on ebay

CatIsSleepy Thu 02-Jun-11 15:57:22

we've just got the cheapy kenwood one too (same as quiapeter)-made some strawberry icecream at the weekend, it was delish

bloody noisy while it's churning though!

MarmadukeMarmalade Fri 03-Jun-11 09:25:15

Thanks for the replies, I think I'll get one from JL this weekend - be the kiss on death on this nice weather, though smile. Can't wait to get churning !!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: