Talk

Advanced search

Mission Impossible: can there really be any recipes that will work for this?

(9 Posts)
LadyPeterWimsey Sat 28-May-11 21:52:10

A very good friend has a bundle of allergies: no eggs, no nuts, no dairy, no fresh fruit or veg (cooked is fine). For various reasons I cook for her fairly frequently. Mains are ok but puddings are a nightmare and she usually ends up making either a fruit crumble or treacle tart (using non-dairy spread, obviously).

Is there a recipe genius out there who can help me find something else that I can make for her?

LadyPeterWimsey Sat 28-May-11 21:55:55

Selks Sat 28-May-11 22:12:35

How about this tropical rice pudding recipe which uses coconut milk instead of milk? It sounds yum. You could either leave out the mango if she can't manage that raw or lightly cook it, or substitute other cooked fruit.

LadyPeterWimsey Sat 28-May-11 22:16:20

Do you have a link? I can't remember if she can have coconut milk, but if so it sounds like it might work.

rockinhippy Sat 28-May-11 23:47:17

Lots of possibilities here

I've made up a couple of the vegan recipes from the site above in the past & found them very good, looks like you might have plenty of choice for your friend & they recipes are graded so you can go for the tried & tested ones

hope you find one you like

LadyPeterWimsey Sun 29-May-11 14:35:34

Thanks, rockin - there are some there that look like the sort of thing that might work. I'll have to find out if coconut is ok, and also soy milk. Never thought of trying vegan recipes - duh!

Any other ideas?

Selks Sun 29-May-11 20:01:03

Skip pudding! (sorry).....

LadyPeterWimsey Mon 30-May-11 18:45:24

We both come with various child-like attachments for whom pudding is the highlight. I couldn't do it to them!

LadyPeterWimsey Tue 31-May-11 14:19:21

Bumping for any more ideas ...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: