Talk

Advanced search

Help!! Can I freeze blended cooked meat for my baby????

(3 Posts)
poostinkywink Thu 26-May-11 22:16:27

Hi, I'm about to try to introduce meat to my Daughter's diet...Could anyone please let me know if it is okay to blend cooked chicked/pork/beef and then freeze it in small cubes that I can defrost and add to vegetable purees??
Any advice would be greatfully received smile

DrSeuss Fri 27-May-11 11:41:04

Yes, it's fine as long as it was cooked. Only problem is if you defrost raw meat then refreeze without cooking.

overmydeadbody Fri 27-May-11 11:49:08

Yes of course you can.

I would personally not blend the meat on its own, I always found it much easier to blend it to a smooth consistancy with the veg I wanted to serve it with. I used to make babyfood for a living so made huge batches of it at a time!

The best selling meat based meals I made were:

Chicken with carrot and pear (60% carrot, 20% pear and 20% chicken)

lamb, sweet potato and cinnamon (70% sweet potato, 30% lamb, sprinkle of cinnamon)

chicken parsnip and chestnut (70% parsnip, 20% chicken and 10% chestnut)

I think it was the slight sweetness, but those three ranges of meaty meals sold far more than any other ones.

And as you move away from purees, you can made the same meals, but just chop up the meat finely and mash the veg to a lumpy consistancy and mix it all together.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: