Talk

Advanced search

Birthday Food/Party Ideas for First Birthday

(5 Posts)
Aussie Fri 28-Sep-01 07:01:26

Any suggestions for my daughter's first birthday gratefully accepted. What have others done that's been successful? We're just having a small family do with adults and one other toddler.

Wornout Fri 28-Sep-01 08:28:06

I found any small finger foods worked well. Fingers of sandwiches,cheese, toasted pitta bread
small boxes of raisins, mini crackers and pots of fromage frais. For the adults I bought two large tin foil trays and made a couple of lasagnes and just added french bread.

Joe Fri 28-Sep-01 08:46:45

My son turned one a couple of weeks ago and we just had grandparents and his auntie round for a tea. I just did jelly and ice cream, chocolate fingers, bread with hundreds and thousands etc, just really kiddie party food, the adults loved it and of course a little blue train cake.

Marina Fri 28-Sep-01 09:40:45

Joe has a point. Make sure you buy enough mini jam tarts for ALL the guests...I think having a small number of familiar adults with one other child for entertainment value is just the right way to go. Have a lovely day.
PS the adults appreciated some wine...

Donna247 Wed 31-Oct-01 21:22:03

i would like some ideas for a 2nd birthday party plz
and her birthday is straight after xmas

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: