Talk

Advanced search

Rachel de Thample - Less Meat, More Veg

(10 Posts)
loomer Thu 17-Feb-11 19:29:23

I'm really enjoying trying recipes from this book, but I've started to notice that she never talks about seasoning - do you think this is intentional? I've been tasting and adding if I think necessary and so far it's not needed much, but I just wondered if anyone knows why she doesn't list salt and pepper - or even mention "season to taste" at the end of her recipes?

Mummy2Bookie Sat 19-Feb-11 12:28:52

Isn't she health freak? Probably explains why

dethample Sat 19-Feb-11 12:33:08

Hello there.
Rachel (de Thample) here. I just saw your post and thought I'd respond. Thank you for flagging this. I list salt and pepper in a good few of the recipes but I just had a quick flick through, and you're right - not all of them include salt and pepper in the ingredient list and I didn't really say to 'season to taste' in a lot of them. It's a good thing to keep in mind as it's not always instinctive. Thank you again. I do hope you're enjoying the recipes and do let me know if you have any further queries.
Very best wishes,
Rachel

Mummy2Bookie Mon 21-Feb-11 13:52:12

Very suspicious post

applechutney Mon 21-Feb-11 14:31:20

Why is the post suspicious?

Perhaps she was googling and this popped up.

It sounds totally genuine to me.

Mummy2Bookie Mon 21-Feb-11 15:20:01

Guess I'm just a naturally suspicious person

loomer Mon 20-Jun-11 16:53:09

Just updating my original post to say how frequently I am still using this book - the chorizo stew in particular has become a weekly staple in our house - so delicious, if I can keep my husband's mitts off the chorizo long enough to get it in the pot!

And I'm very excited that Rachel replied personally to the original query - not many chefs would be able to respond in this way, or interested in doing so - thanks!

piebald Tue 21-Jun-11 16:00:24

Like the sound of chorizo stew, am off to look up the book. I have never heard of her

electricslide Mon 27-Jun-11 14:09:05

I love the pineapple fried rice, it's brilliant for using up pork leftovers. We enjoyed the curry too.

piebald Tue 28-Jun-11 21:23:31

Bought it today for a birthday present and made (without splashing the pages!) chorizo stew 2 of us liked it and i had to promise other 2 i wouldnt make it again! ( that happens a lot) Although they did eat it and really are pretty lazy about trying new things.
There are some nice recipes in the book

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now