Talk

Advanced search

Guacamole anxiety.

(7 Posts)
ChaosTrulyReigns Fri 14-Jan-11 13:18:23

Now, I know if I shove some stones in it it should stop going brown, but how long for?

Shall I make it now when I get my arse off the sofa to be eaten at 8ish tonight, or shall I make it at 7 and not have time to make myself look beautiful grin before going out?

Hmmmmmmm.

WWYD?

Mssoul Fri 14-Jan-11 13:21:44

Bump - am also curious! I normally make it just before serving too. You could lay all the ingredients out ready and assemble just before leaving? Have fun grin

aquavit Fri 14-Jan-11 13:32:17

dunno about stones - won't the lime juice keep it the right colour for a few hours?

COCKadoodledooo Fri 14-Jan-11 13:58:36

If you make it now with plenty of lime juice it should be ok.

Put it in a deep/narrow container, because it's only the surface that browns, stir it up and tip it out into a serving dish just before it needs, er, serving.

couldtryharder Fri 14-Jan-11 15:53:00

Ditto the lime juice - should keep it from going brown for a bit, but wouldn't leave it more than a couple of hours.

chimchar Fri 14-Jan-11 15:55:28

fresh lime juice and cover with cling film...should be just fine.

FreeButtonBee Fri 14-Jan-11 15:56:25

put the cling film right into the guac, not over the top of he dish. It's the air that does it so reduce the air and you reduce the chance of it going brown.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: