Talk

Advanced search

Pizza dough question

(10 Posts)
Secretwishescometrue Thu 13-Jan-11 10:33:36

Hi I was wondering if anyone could tell me if its ok to make my own pizza dough now in the morning and leave it rise all day? I make a lovely pizza dough but usually use it within 2 hours max of leaving it to rise but it would be dead handy to make in advance... And idea? Thanks

rockinhippy Thu 13-Jan-11 10:56:27

Yes its fine, just "knock it back" a bit, I've done it plenty of times, if anything I think it improves it

Secretwishescometrue Thu 13-Jan-11 11:49:36

Thanks iv done it now on your advice iv a fool proof recipe which is so simple just be so handy to get it done and just forget about till the evening... Hopefully it'll be grand so, thanks again

bumpybecky Thu 13-Jan-11 11:51:21

what's your fool proof recipe? would you mind typing it out?

thanks

Secretwishescometrue Thu 13-Jan-11 12:35:36

No prob Basic pizza dough (from "1000 classic recipes" super book anyways...) it says this is for a 10-12in round base iv a big pizza tray and I always use double this recipe and it makes a really lovely deep pan type one. So its 175g strong white flour (i always just use normal) quarter tsp salt, 1 tsp/5ml easy blend dried yeast(i use Tesco own and its great), 120-150mls lukewarm water, 1 tbsp olive oil... Just throw the flour, salt and yeast in a bowl stir then make a well and add the oil and water. Mix, then turn out onto floured surface and knead for 10 min. Place in oiled bowl leave to double for about an hour somewhere warm (i stick it in the hotpress) when your ready for it just shape it out for your tray, I just use my hands to stretch it into the tray then add topping and cook in preheated oven 220c normal or 200 fan oven 15-20 for one quantity, I usually give a big one 25e min. Goes down brilliantly with everyone even my fussy boys... Hope ya like it if ya try it

4merlyknownasSHD Thu 13-Jan-11 16:11:19

SWCT, that looks good and easy. I will try that at the weekend.

bumpybecky Thu 13-Jan-11 16:17:25

oooh thanks

will try that tomorrow

Secretwishescometrue Fri 14-Jan-11 12:16:23

Very welcome, enjoy

frenchfancy Fri 14-Jan-11 16:57:24

If leaving it all day to prove leave it somewhere cool, or even in the fridge, that way it doesn't over proove. I did it with a loaf today, then put it straight in the oven when I got home, lovely!

taffetacat Fri 14-Jan-11 17:19:09

yes, I've left it all day before. two points worth mentioning:

- put in a very, very large bowl with lots of room for expansion and then clingfilm top very tightly. I normally only put a teatowel over instead of clingfilm but no good if you leave all day as the dough dries out
- it STINKS of yeast! when you peel the cling film off, sniff that beery scent!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now