Talk

Advanced search

Breadmaker help please....

(9 Posts)
mumblecrumble Thu 06-Jan-11 15:44:08

Got second hand bread maker in good condition with instructions etc.

Made our first loaf and its DELICIOUS!!! However and total bugger to get out of the pan... Will defnot go in toaster!!!

Any tips - should I use a little more oil? Buy a replacement pan?

sethstarkaddersmum Thu 06-Jan-11 15:47:42

as the pans get old the non-stick does become less effective; you can get replacement pans but they are expensive.

I slide a flat wooden spatula down each of the 4 sides to release the sides, then turn it upside down and give it a few sharp shakes; the weight of the bread usually does the job then.
If that doesn't do it you probably do need a new pan.

mumblecrumble Thu 06-Jan-11 15:57:28

Replacement pan and paddle is £22

Hmmmm. tried wooden spatula and smacked the heck out of it...

Thanks. Got bread maker for next to nothing and after 1 loaf reckon its fantastic so will order new pan with Birthday money

sethstarkaddersmum Thu 06-Jan-11 15:58:40

oh, that's not too bad - when I looked mine up a while back it was more like £60.

mousymouse Thu 06-Jan-11 16:00:34

let the bread cool down a little, then it shrinks and the evaporating water might help getting it out.

mumblecrumble Thu 06-Jan-11 16:01:10

Phew. So I;ve been right to replace it maybe..

have to admit afterwaiting tree hours to bake it I was a bit sad that it didn;t come out.... but it really does live up to the cliches! Best bread we;ve ever tasted - like a savoury cake witha biscuit edge

Blu Thu 06-Jan-11 16:03:28

I twiddle the paddle from underneath the pan to help release it, too.

Blu Thu 06-Jan-11 16:04:29

Even in a new pan the loaf can be hard to get out - it gets stuck on the paddle as much as on the pan sides, I think. Hence paddle twiddling from below.
(oooh! Missus!)

mumblecrumble Thu 06-Jan-11 16:29:57

Will work on my paddle twiddling... thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now