Talk

Advanced search

Need to use up 300g of Philly, any recipes please?

(13 Posts)
nomorecake Thu 06-Jan-11 14:50:45

other than spread it very thickly over toast, cant think of anything to do with it.

I cant even remember why i bought it.

need some inspiration.

belgo Thu 06-Jan-11 14:53:20

Can you use it for cheesecake?

CharlotteBronteSaurus Thu 06-Jan-11 14:53:31

carrot cupcakes with cream cheese icing?

belgo Thu 06-Jan-11 14:53:40

Or as frosting for carrot cake?

I have done neither btwsmile

belgo Thu 06-Jan-11 14:53:54

x-posts

thighsmadeofcheddar Thu 06-Jan-11 14:54:00

I eat it on jacket potatos
use it with bacon, chives for quick pasta sauce
make a cheesecake?

scurryfunge Thu 06-Jan-11 14:55:15

here

BlingLoving Thu 06-Jan-11 14:57:00

Tuna jacket potatoes - very popular in our house.

Back jacket potatoes, according to number of people to eat it (although in your case, you may want to go extra as they'll keen in the fridge just fine and are fine microwaved for easy left over lunch the next day).

Once cooked, cut in half lengthways and scoop out the potato flesh into a mixing bowl. Add tuna and philly to the mixing bowl (quantities are up to you but I would usually go for one tin of tuna for 3 medium potatoes or 2 huge ones and about half a tub of cream cheese).

Mix energetically. Add salt and a very generous grinding of black pepper (I tend to add what I think is a lot of pepper... then grind in a bit more).

Put the mixture back into the potato skins and top with grated cheese. Then pop back into the oven until the cheese is melted and the potatoes are cooked through.

[if cooking more than you need, don't reheat the ones you're going to eat the following day - rather leave them and then put them in oven or microwave when you're ready to eat).

Furball Thu 06-Jan-11 14:57:31

pasta with broccoli, cauliflower, peas and any other veg you fancy with fried bacon, sausage of chicken all mixed up with philly.

clean plates alround in this house

welshandproud Thu 06-Jan-11 15:54:51

Mix with half a jar of red pepper pesto stuff into 4 chicken breasts and wrap with bacon and roast for 40mins. Very tasty! Green pesto works well too.

westlake Thu 06-Jan-11 15:55:54

it is lovely stirred into pasta sauce, especially a tomato based one.

sweetheart Thu 06-Jan-11 15:57:23

spagetti carbonarra

nomorecake Thu 06-Jan-11 19:34:56

thank you everyone!

ds dislikes philly in his pasta. and not enough carrots at home for carrots cakes. trying to hold out for shopping until Sunday so not much in the fridge!

scurryfunge that website has been so useful. think i'll make the dauphinoise.

and then use the rest for jacket potatoes.

thanks again!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: