Talk

Advanced search

Job lot of stilton

(9 Posts)
milkmoustache Tue 04-Jan-11 18:35:28

Local co-op are selling it off cheap, but I am a bit fed up of cheese after Xmas. Is it worth buying and freezing? Any brilliant ideas of stuff to cook with it and then freeze? I love a bargain but then I do tend to buy things just because they are cheap and then think - now what?

UptoapointLordCopper Tue 04-Jan-11 19:14:45

I use stilton in Dan Lepard's grissini and freeze them when they are baked. Defrost a batch everytime you have a party. grin

IAmTheCookieMonster Tue 04-Jan-11 19:16:49

brocoli and stilton soup, yum!

IAmTheCookieMonster Tue 04-Jan-11 19:17:32

but its only a bargain if you'll use it, my dad used to be terrible for bringing home fantastic bargains that sat in the fridge for a couple of days then got thrown away.

Seabright Tue 04-Jan-11 19:31:11

I find it freezes really well - definatlybworth stocking up

4merlyknownasSHD Wed 05-Jan-11 09:53:13

Blue Cheese Quiche?

D0G Wed 05-Jan-11 09:56:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

wingandprayer Wed 05-Jan-11 09:58:41

Nice broccoli and blue cheese soup recipe on Good Food website. I had job lot left over after Christmas, made this, then last night had the Autumn mushrooms which were also delish. Seem to remember a Stilton and potato pie on there too.

Search for Stilton recipes on there and see how many take your fancy.

wineonafridaynight Wed 05-Jan-11 11:51:27

Not sure if anyone was around at about 6am Christmas morning when I realised I'd left about 2kg of stilton in the fridge at home? It was meant for hampers. Anyway...now back home and trying to make use of it.

At present we have stilton and leek soup cooking. DP has ham and stilton sarnies for work. I also have grand plans to use it in a pasta sauce and also possibly for a sauce with chicken!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now