Talk

Advanced search

bread maker sd 253 panisonic

(10 Posts)
MummieHunnie Tue 04-Jan-11 06:25:41

I have a breadmaker doing nothing but taking up space. I bought it with exh, who used to make the bread. I have lost the booklet. I remember I had to buy flour, yeast and vitamin c for him to make the bread. Has anyone got a clue how I can make use of this machine, or I will get rid!

lucy101 Tue 04-Jan-11 06:56:32

Hi there - I have a later Panasonic breadmaker... and they are brilliant, the best reviewed of any I looked at.

I buy flour, yeast... but no Vit C, not sure why you would need that. A friend gave me a good tip recently (not sure if you can do this in your version) but I just make the dough in mine sometimes and then bake in the oven so I can make different shaped loaves and rolls.

Here is your manual by the way:

https://support.panasonic.co.nz/docstore/SD253%20b ook.pdf

MummieHunnie Tue 04-Jan-11 07:05:25

Lucy xxx

I thought it was odd to add vit c, no idea why exh did that, he probably did it to make more work for me lol x

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Tue 04-Jan-11 07:49:50

there is a reason why vit c can be added, is it something to help it rise and be less dense? I can't remember.

nannyl Tue 04-Jan-11 09:53:15

i have a panasonic bread maker

to make a medium loaf its
3/4 tsp yeast (more yeast if rapid or sandwich option)
400g bread flour
15g butter (as long as its between 10 - 20g i have whatever size i cut off)
1tsp salt
1tsp sugar

MummieHunnie Tue 04-Jan-11 10:12:21

nanny, do you ever make brown bread? The instructions say you need treakle and dry milk!

nannyl Tue 04-Jan-11 10:18:23

yes

i make white / brown / wholemeal
sometimes i add sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds if i feel like it

that recipie always works for me

occasionalay i add a tbsp of dried milk powder to a white loaf, but only if i feel like it!

sometimes i do a mix of flours... literally what ever takes my fancy at the time! That recipie works i promise

MummieHunnie Tue 04-Jan-11 10:23:08

thanks, your recipies sound great smile

nannyl Tue 04-Jan-11 14:01:51

just remembered i forgot 280ml water

water is essential lol

longdarktunnel Wed 05-Jan-11 23:12:57

I use about half the amount of salt the recipe states and I've never had a problem. I just use whatever flour I have around. Definitely no vitamin C!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: