Talk

Advanced search

What to do with sausages please?

(11 Posts)
amummyinwaiting Sat 01-Jan-11 12:03:09

Have a pack of sausages for tea tonight but I dont know what to do!Dont want casserole and dont think I want toad in the hole-but I want something good. Maybe with pasta and goats cheese?

jkklpu Sat 01-Jan-11 12:14:36

Fry a chopped onion and garlic on a low heat - if you have red onions they are particularly good cooked slowly. Chop the sausages up and add them and a bit of red wine if you have any leftover from last night wink or some tabasco/Lea and Perrin's. At the end of cooking, add any scrag end of fresh parsley or any other herb; otherwise, add in some dried stuff during cooking.

Mix it all in with your pasta, making sure that it's still very hot. Add the chopped goat's cheese and let it melt a bit. Depending on your --guilt over 5-a-day-- family's taste, you could add some peas or broad beans (once you've cooked them) at the end as well. Enjoy.

amummyinwaiting Sat 01-Jan-11 12:22:08

jkklpu that sounds gorgeous! thank you!

MrsDinky Sat 01-Jan-11 12:23:47

Similar suggestion to jkkipu, but after frying the sausages, onion and garlic, use a bit of wine or balsamic vinegar to deglaze the pan, add chopped tinned tomatoes or passata and simmer for 10 mins to reduce, serve with pasta, I usually use parmesan, but goats cheese would be yummy too

panettoinydog Sat 01-Jan-11 12:30:34

Jamie oliver's 'jool's pregnant pasta' or something sounds v tasty. Probably on his website.

He uses the sausage meat (ground) to make a pasta sauce

babybouncer Sun 02-Jan-11 22:16:25

I've done the same before, but stuck it all in the oven to roast (sausages cut into 4), then added baby tomatoes and balsamic, then stirred through pasta with cheese of choice. Less time standing at stove!

Ormirian Sun 02-Jan-11 22:19:15

Eat them.

MakemineaGandT Sun 02-Jan-11 22:19:49

A favourite in our house at the moment is to get a big roasting tray and put in veg chopped into large chunks (potatoes with skins left on, parsnips, carrots, wedges of red onion, large pieces of pepper etc), add the sausauges, drizzle over a little olive oil and toss everything around in it with your fingers. Add some dried mixed herbs and salt and pepper. Bung in 180 degree C oven for about 40 mins, shuffling/turning everything a couple of times. Very easy and tasty.

MaryMotherOfCheeses Sun 02-Jan-11 22:21:22

Take out the sausage meat and discard the skin.

Fry it off (do an onion first) and add a couple of tsps of fennel seeds. Add half a tin of chopped tomotoes and serve with gnocchi.

AMumInScotland Sun 02-Jan-11 22:29:52

Eat them with chips and tinned spaghetti grin

tiokiko Mon 03-Jan-11 18:10:36

MMOC just what I was going to suggest - except I also add a little cream or creme fraiche and some crumbled dried red chilli and usually serve with pasta.

Makes sausages go a v long way, freezes well, can be made in advance - I love it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: