Talk

Advanced search

Halogen cooker

(5 Posts)
LIZS Sun 26-Dec-10 11:53:09

Was given one for Christmas but not sure of the benefits, what it can do and how to adjust timings etc. Anyone able to enlighten us ?

LIZS Thu 30-Dec-10 15:41:31

Anyone ? Similar to this There is no instruction manual included (have emailed company to ask for one), just a recipe book. My mum keeps asking if we've used it yet !

ellenbrody Thu 30-Dec-10 19:48:55

Hi there, I have a similar one from JML and use it quite a lot especially when just cooking small amounts as it is quicker and more economical than heating the main oven up. I always do jacket pots in there aswell. I tend to follow a basic rule of lowering the temp by 40 - 50 degrees ie/ if a recipe says 220, I will cook it at about 175, but for the same amount of time. It is a case of trial and error I'm afraid, luckily it has a glass bowl so you can keep an eye on anything in there!

LIZS Tue 04-Jan-11 13:05:25

Well we did jacket potatoes in there yesterday in 40-ish minutes. It is very bright though, hard on the eyes, and the light goes on and off presumably when the thermostat is triggered. Is this usual ?

truffleshuffle Tue 04-Jan-11 13:08:54

I got one from my MIL for xmas and have yet to use it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now