Talk

Advanced search

HELP! Choc Mousse, will I poison everyone?

(6 Posts)
HarkTheTragicalyHipHeraldAngel Fri 17-Dec-10 11:19:31

I've just a choc mousse and hadn't realise I was meant to mix the egg yoke in to the warm chocolate. Only realising this at the end so in a bit of a panic I mixed it in then and put it in the fridge.

Is mixing in warm Chocolate meant to "cook" the yokes? Will I poison anyone? I've already had a taste and worried myself into feeling queasy now blush

HarkTheTragicalyHipHeraldAngel Fri 17-Dec-10 11:19:59

That would be made a choc Mousse

TheNextMrsClaus Fri 17-Dec-10 11:24:17

No, it wasn't meant to "cook" the yolks - you would have ended up with a scrambled egg mess if the yolks had cooked.

Did you use eggs stamped with a lion mark (i.e. from the supermarket)? They are treated so won't have salmonella.

I think pg ladies are advised against raw egg yolk, but the risk is minuscule anyway.

If you don't want it, I'll have it! grin

HarkTheTragicalyHipHeraldAngel Fri 17-Dec-10 11:30:22

Phew! I didn't think it would cook through but just enough to stop the food poisoning, anyway I am a muppet!!

Eggs are from waitrose and no pg ladies coming for dinner

I have extra, you are welcome to have it grin

It's quite yummy!

GrimmaTheNome Fri 17-Dec-10 11:30:55

If your eggs contained salmonella, mixing the yolk into warm chocolate would probably be worse than mixing it in cold.

But if they are British Lion marked eggs they are extremely unlikely to contain salmonella.

HarkTheTragicalyHipHeraldAngel Fri 17-Dec-10 11:46:31

Thanks! I didn't want to make it again as it's such a faff and using all the bowls I have. Might get Dh to do the washing up when he gets back..wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now