Talk

Advanced search

Melting middle choc puddings

(5 Posts)
notasize10yetbutoneday Wed 15-Dec-10 10:27:18

If I wanted to kake these for a dessert (specifically, this recipe

would I be able to do any part of it in advance, or would it all need to be done on the night we are eating them, ie, between main course and dessert?#
TIA

notasize10yetbutoneday Wed 15-Dec-10 10:27:44

Gah, make, not kake! Obviously have food on the brain...

notasize10yetbutoneday Wed 15-Dec-10 10:48:47

<shameless bump>
Also, if I did make them, do you think they would be ok in teacups rather than pudding basins, as I don't have any pudding basins?

tb Wed 15-Dec-10 13:13:05

I think I'd have it mixed and put in the cups and put them in the oven when you serve the main course. As long as you keep an eye on the time to nip out to the kitchen and take them out of the oven in time.

Although I've made this type of pudding several times, it seems to me quite a fine line between having a gooey middle and them seeming like slightly underdone cake. Maybe it's just me.

Is it worth having a dry run?

notasize10yetbutoneday Wed 15-Dec-10 14:13:29

Thanks tb- yes I think you are right a dry-run is essential and means more chocolate. I always do cold puddings- cheesecake, bannoffee pie, tiramisu, etc to death so I really would like to try and perfect a hot pudding if poss. I've got the ingredients in so will road test this week!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: